Friday, April 14, 2006

SCHOOL HUNTING

The past few days have been very busy for me, work and lots of work. My daughter has just finished kinder II (Preparatory Classes) with flying colors and she is now going to another level which is primary (Grade I). Her previous school La Consolacion College is quite a big school with lots of facilities but there is something lacking or you’re looking for another thing that would make your daughter advanced with the rest of the world and that’s when we decided to go school hunting.

First school is Sacred Heart Academy which is very near SM Fairview and Robinsons, it’s near my workplace. It’s a beautiful school with a big gym and lot of trees. There are lots of rooms that are big enough for a whole class. You could actually visit their website at

http://www.shan.edu.ph

My daughter took the exam which lasted for 1 hour and then came the interview of the assistant principal which she also passed. So we were brief on the result of her exam and interview in which we were given a permit to enroll.

Days had passed and my wife told me that we should try Saint Anthony. So they went to that school and schedule her for exam. Actually it’s my dream school for my daughter when she was still at her mother’s womb but the tuition fee is very high at that time in which I’m working for a minimum salary. Her uncle Owen actually went to that school which I should say molded him to one of the brightest and intelligent student of this generation. My wife told me about the place that it’s very big and beautiful.

Second school is Saint Anthony which is also near my workplace. It’s a big school with lots of facilities which I should say worth the penny, they have a swimming pool and they have an English campaign which is very strict that would make your daughter learn to speak that language. You could visit their website at

http://schoolofsaintanthony.edu.ph

We accompanied my daughter to the school to take the exam which lasted for 4 hours starting from 8am to 12pm. This is her first exam that lasted for 4 hrs. After the exam I thought we will know the result but we need to go back on Tuesday for her interview. They did go back and she passed it, the results of her exam are all above average. She was given a permit to enroll.

It’s very inspiring to see your daughter excel in a lot of things now I understand why my parents did their best so we could study to some of the best schools, the tuition fee might be very expensive but if you would see your daughter achieve a lot of things then you should work for it. I would end with a quote from Derek Bok, President of Harvard University.

IF YOU THINK EDUCATION IS EXPENSIVE, TRY IGNORANCE.

No comments: